Two investment firms have recently launched medicinal marijuana stocks in the world of stock market. In February, ETF Managers Group LLC (ETFMG) revealed its plans to start exchange-traded fund (ETF) for marijuana – the Emerging Agrosphere ETF.
This fund will be for marijuana companies that ventures in cannabis businesses for medical purposes only. It will not invest in firms that are engaged in non-medical uses of marijuana in Canada, United States or other countries unless non-medical marijuana has been approved and legal to use.
Companies Under the Emerging Agrosphere ETF (ETFMG)
The ETF index was introduced in April in Toronto Stock Exchange or TSX. The following are the businesses that are part of the North American Medical Marijuana Solactive AG index:
1. Aphria Inc Com NPV
2. Aurora Cannabis In Com NPV
3. Cannaroyalty Corp Com NPV
4. Cannimed Therapeut Com NPV
5. Canopy Growth Corp Com NPV
6. Cronos Group Inc Com NPV
7. Emblem Corp Com NPV
8. Emerald Health The Com NPV
9. GW Pharmaceuticals PLC-ADR
10. ICC Intl Cannabis Com NPV
11. Insys Therapeutics Inc
12. Maple Leaf Green W Com NPV
13. Organigram HLDGS I Com NPV
14. Scotts Miracle-Gro Co
15. Supreme Pharmaceut Com NPV
16. Zynerba Pharmaceuticals Inc
Companies Under Horizon’s Medicinal Marijuana Life Sciences ETF
The other investment firm that also filed for ETF on TSX was the Horizon’s Medical Marijuana Life Sciences ETF (TSE:HMMJ). This will also concentrate on companies that are engaged in the production of marijuana for medicinal purposes.
The fund also requires medical marijuana businesses to meet the fund’s minimum requirement regarding company assets and liquidity ratios to be included in the ETF.
As of April 12, the following are the companies under Horizons ETF:
1. Aphria Inc.
2. Aurora Cannabis Inc.
3. Cannimed Therapeutics Inc.
4. Canopy Growth Corporation
5. Cronos Group Inc.
6. Emblem Corp.
7. Emerald Health Therapeutics Inc.
8. GW Pharmaceuticals PLC
9. Hydropothecary Cor Com NPV
10. ICC International Cannabis Corporation
11. Insys Therapeutics Inc.
12. Organigram Holdings Inc.
13. Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
14. Supreme Pharmaceuticals Inc.
15. Zynerba Pharmaceuticals Inc.